Advocating for the needs of young people aged 12-17 years, our Youth Workers run all sorts of programs across the board.
Here are some of the programs we run:
FUSION YOUTHFusion Youth is an interactive program that allows young people to have fun in a safe environment, experience positive role modelling, and develop life skills and leadership.Held on a week to week basis during school terms, local youth discover how they can become a positive influence in their world.We run Fusion Youth at:
- Fusion & Alcooringa Centre (176 Ballinger Road Buderim, 4556)
- Tuesday night 6-8pm
- $5 (includes dinner and activities)
FUSION BUS (STREET WORK BUS)
The Fusion Bus is currently on a hiatus while we create a new and more exciting Street Work Bus. Details will be added to the site when completed.
The Fusion Bus (Street Work Bus) is an innovative new project that involved the conversion of a full sized bus into a mobile youth cafe. The bus has been fitted-out in partnership with the Buderim Lions Club and had a shed erected to house the bus thanks to the Buderim Foundation. It will be used at a variety of locations around the Sunshine Coast where youth are hanging out and looking for things to do. It has already operated at the Sunshine Plaza, Kawana Shopping World, Alex Headland Skate park, Sippy Downs Skate Park and kawana Shopping World. Along with this, the MyBus is in partnership with SeaFM.
PLACES YOU WILL SEE THE FUSION MYBUS:
- Currently the Fusion Street Work Bus is on a hiatus while we create a new and more exciting Street Work Bus. Details will be added to the site when completed.
The bus is equipped with a variety of features including:
- Kitchen with fridge, microwave and sink
- Air conditioner
- Xbox lounge
- Fold out BBQ, Generator, Tables and chairs, Outside Chill area with marquee featuring Nintendo Wii & Table Tennis.
Sponsors of the MyBus project are:
LUNCHTIME WITH A DIFFERENCE (LWAD)High school can be a difficult and lonely place sometimes. Fusion is there during lunchtimes to provide a fun and safe environment where young people can play games, win prizes and chat to our trained youth workers. Our lunchtime programs are currently running once a week during school terms in the following schools:
- Mountain Creek State High School (Thursday)
- Chancellor State College Secondary Campus (Friday)
Elemental Holiday Program
- Registrations Coming soon!
- Date: 13th – 17th January 2020
- Age: 12-17yrs old (High school aged)
- Monday to Thursday – 8:30am to 5pm
- Friday – 8:30am to 7.30pm
- Meet @ Fusion Sunshine Coast (176 Ballinger Road Buderim)
- Day to Day Activities
- Day 1 – Cable Water Skiing/Wake Boarding + Other Activities
- Day 2 – Big Boing + Other Activities
- Day 3 – Creative Workshops, Mountain Climbing + Other Activities
- Day 4 – Laser Zone & Other Activities
- Day 5 – Rock Climbing + Night Program *dinner provided*
- The permission and medical form must be completed and either returned before the program or brought on the first day.
- Cancellations up to 7 days beforehand are refundable minus a $30 cancellation fee. Cancellations within 7 days of the program are not refundable.
Lighthouse Youth Mentoring Program‘Lighthouses’ are any significant adult who develops a caring, meaningful involvement with an adolescent, supporting them for all, or part of, their journey to adulthood (Resilience in the Millenial Adolescent, Dent, M. 2008).Young people must apply to the program and be approved by the program coordinator. They are then matched with a suitable mentor, with intakes beginning at the start of each new term.Mentors and mentees will meet each fortnight at times negotiated between the mentor, mentee and parent/guardian, with at least one larger group activity each term.Young people and mentors will commit to a 6 month program, with the option to renew their contract at the end of the 6 months.Prospective young people must be:– aged 12-17 years old– be attending secondary school– be able to commit to the program for a minimum of 6 months.Cost:The program will be free on a regular basis.There may be some small costs for large group activities once a term, which will be disclosed in advance.The program has launchedApplications for Term 2, 2018 close on Friday 16th March at 5pm.
Fusion Hiking Trip
Information on our next Hiking Camp coming soon!
- Date: TBA
- Age: 12-17yrs old (High school aged)
- Cost: TBA
- BYO: TBA
- Transport: TBA
Doing Certificate IV in Youth and Community Work, a Bachelor of Social Work or something very similar? Do you have videography, PR, media or advertising skills to use for a good cause? OR are you a person who just wants to give back to the next generation? CONTACT US if you’d like to know more.