Advocating for the needs of young people aged 12-17 years, our Youth Workers run a variety of programs
FUSION YOUTHFusion Youth is an interactive program that allows young people to have fun in a safe environment, experience positive role modelling, and develop life skills and leadership.Held on a week to week basis during school terms, local youth discover how they can become a positive influence in their world.Details:
- Where: Fusion & Alcooringa Centre (176 Ballinger Road Buderim, 4556)
- When: Tuesday & Thursday night 6.30-8pm
- Cost: $2
FUSION MOBILE YOUTH HUB
The Fusion Mobile Youth Hub is an innovative new project where our youth team set up our mobile drop-in-centre in youth hotspots. The trailer has been fitted-out in partnership with Buderim Foundation and the Buderim Lions Club and is enclosed in a shed donated by the Buderim Foundation. It will be used at a variety of locations around the Sunshine Coast where youth are hanging out and looking for things to do. It replaces the Fusion MyBus.
Places you will see the Fusion Mobile Hub:
- Currently the Fusion Mobile Hub operates at the Sippy Downs Skate Park (Sir Raleigh Drv) on Thursday afternoons 3-4.30pm during school term (weather permitting).
The mobile hub is equipped with a variety of features including:
- Nintendo switch with TV
- Tables and chairs
- Board games
LUNCHTIME WITH A DIFFERENCE (LWAD)High school can be a difficult and lonely place sometimes. Fusion is there during lunchtimes to provide a fun and safe environment where young people can play games, win prizes and chat to our trained youth workers. Our lunchtime programs are currently running once a week during school terms in the following schools:
- Mountain Creek State High School (Thursday)
- Chancellor State College Secondary Campus (Friday)
Elemental Holiday Program
- Date: 29th June – 1st July
- Age: 12-17yrs old (High school aged)
- Tuesday & Wednesday – 8:30am to 5pm
- Thursday – 8:30am to 7.30pm
- Meet @ Fusion Sunshine Coast (176 Ballinger Road Buderim)
- Day to Day Activities
- Day 1 – Mini Golf @ Holey Moley, movie and other activities
- Day 2 – Laser Zone, Games, Bush Walk
- Day 3 – Treetop Challenge, other activities and night program *dinner provided*
- Please note: a paper permission form is NOT required anymore!
- Cancellations up to 7 days beforehand are refundable minus a $30 cancellation fee. Cancellations within 7 days of the program are not refundable.
Lighthouse Youth Mentoring Program‘Lighthouses’ are any significant adult who develops a caring, meaningful involvement with an adolescent, supporting them for all, or part of, their journey to adulthood (Resilience in the Millenial Adolescent, Dent, M. 2008).Young people must apply to the program and be approved by the program coordinator. They are then matched with a suitable mentor, with intakes beginning at the start of each new term.Mentors and mentees will meet each fortnight at times negotiated between the mentor, mentee and parent/guardian, with at least one larger group activity each term.Young people and mentors will commit to a 6 month program, with the option to renew their contract at the end of the 6 months.Prospective young people must be:– aged 12-17 years old– be attending secondary school– be able to commit to the program for a minimum of 6 months.Cost:The program will be free on a regular basis.There may be some small costs for large group activities once a term, which will be disclosed in advance.
Fusion Hiking Trip
Information on our next Hiking Camp coming soon!
- Date: TBA
- Age: 12-17yrs old (High school aged)
- Cost: TBA
- BYO: TBA
- Transport: TBA
Would you like to give up some of your time to help out in our youth programs? We are looking for energetic people who are willing to commit to regular youth programs for at least one year. Follow the link below to start an application!